Tuesday, June 29, 2021

"Rely on These Words"

2nd Chronicles 32.7-8 NASU

“‘Be strong and courageous, do not fear or be dismayed because of the king of Assyria nor because of all the horde that is with him; for the one with us is greater than the one with him. With him is only an arm of flesh, but with us is the Lord our God to help us and to fight our battles.’ And the people relied on the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.

Saint Paul, an ambassador of Jesus Christ, gave an identical speech to the church in Rome... “If God is for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8.31). 

The apostle John also echoed these words in his first letter to the church... “greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world,” (1st John 4.4b). 

Today I “relied on the words of Hezekiah” and Paul and John.  




2 comments:

Kerrie said...

Hi Dave, Thanks for sharing this Scripture (which I will highlight in my Bible). I can hear the Lord shouting out to me... "Kerrie, be strong, be brave! I AM WITH YOU." I am ever so thankful to God for being there to help me in every aspect of my life. God Bless! Ü - With love and care from Kerrie. xOx

davescriven said...

good word, Kerrie.