Thursday, August 25, 2022

"In the Beginning... There was Us"

Ephesians 1.4-5a NASU

“…He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ Himself”

In the beginning there was me and there was you! The first verse in the Bible says:

“In the beginning
God created
the heavens
and the earth.”
Genesis 1.1

Even before then, “before the foundation of the world”… He chose us. What an incredible thought! We pre-date creation! We pre-existed as a thought in the mind of God. 

This is personal. “He chose us.” He envisioned us. He imagined us. He named us. He knew us. There was a pre-existent Creator with pre-existent divine conceptions. We were conceived by God before He “created the heavens and the earth.” We were there, unformed and yet to be seen, but there nevertheless, present in the mind of our loving Father. We had worth, identity, and purpose even before we emerged into the light of day and took our first breath. 

I was born long before I left my mother’s womb. I was born before conception. I became me the moment God first thought of me and that was a long, long time ago!

“Long before he laid down earth’s foundations, he had us in mind,
had settled on us as a the focus of his love.”
Ephesians 1.4 “The Message”

I was loved by my Creator even before I was a creature. My potential, my purpose, and my destiny were pre-determined by the Lord of the Universe before there was a universe! I have a destiny because I have a pre-destiny. God knew that before He created the world on which I was to discover and fulfill my purpose in Christ.

“He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world...
In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ”

______________

The beautiful image above is entitled "Pregnant Woman and Child" by excellent photographer E_B_A. I found this photo at http://www.freeimages.com/photo/pregnant-woman-and-child-sepi-1462898.

No comments: