Friday, May 20, 2022

"Shake a Tree and Save a Life"

Acts 11.14-15 “The Message”

‘He’ll tell you something that will save your life...’

So I started in, talking. Before I’d spoken half a dozen sentences, the Holy Spirit fell on them”.
  
An angel of God promised Cornelius that “a man named Simon, who is also called Peter ” (Acts 10.5) would say something that would forever change his life. He was ready for the message Peter came to deliver. Cornelius and his household were ripe fruit ready to fall from the tree. All Peter had to do was shake the trunk a little.

I must obey God and shake a few trees. Fruit will fall. There are people who need what I have to offer. Ripe fruit is everywhere. It’s ready to fall. Trees just need a little shaking. When presented with an opportunity to share my faith, I should start “talking.” My audience may be thinking: “He’ll tell you something that will save your life.” I mustn’t disappoint them. 

Shake a tree and save a life.
______________

Drawing from "Fruit of the Barren Tree (http://www.fruitofthebarrentree.com/) and used by permission of blog author, Michael Loenard. The drawing was created by Adam Todd(http://livingtower.com/).

No comments: