Monday, May 29, 2023

"The Fruit of Accomplishment"

2nd Kings 19.30-31 NASU

“The surviving remnant of the house of Judah will again take root downward and bear fruit upward. For out of Jerusalem will go forth a remnant, and out of Mount Zion survivors.

The zeal of the Lord will perform this.

Enthusiasm for a project will only get you so far. At some point your excitement must turn into energy if you expect to make the idea a reality. Not so with the Lord. His zeal for a project is enough. Somehow, if the Lord God supports a plan, it just happens. He spoke and everything I have seen, known, or could possibly imagine, simply came into being.


“By faith, we see the world called into existence by God’s word...” 
Hebrews 11.3 “The Message”

That doesn’t work for you and me. We aren’t God. Our projects require both our hard work and God’s creative power. My success in any project begins with a vision and enthusiasm for that vision. I am then required to press into the assignment with all my might. I must become grounded and rooted in my resolve to accomplish the mission. Eventually the good fruit of accomplishment is born. The fruit of accomplishment is the evidence of the God’s hand of blessing and my hard work in any endeavor.

I want the “zeal of the Lord” working on my behalf. If I am faithful, persistent, and diligent, His enthusiasm for the work I do guarantees its success. If the Lord has passion for my project, then without question, it will “take root downward and bear fruit upward.”

It does not work for me to come up with an idea, then ask Jesus to bless my efforts. The better questions for me are… 
What is Jesus passionate about?
What is He zealous to perform?
What makes the heart of God beat faster?
What causes heavenly enthusiasm and stirs Him to action?
I should be involved in whatever that is.  
_______________________

The album "Fruit Tree" is a 2003 production of beautiful instrumental piano music by artist Jeremy Morris on Jam Records label. For review and purchase information, go to http://cdbaby.com/cd/jeremy4.

No comments: