Monday, March 13, 2023

"Brick Wall"

Deuteronomy 7.17-18 NLT

“Perhaps you will think to yourselves, ‘How can we ever conquer these nations that are so much more powerful than we are?’ But don’t be afraid of them! Just remember what the Lord your God did to Pharaoh and to all the land of Egypt.”

 
Have you ever faced a brick wall or a seemingly insurmountable challenge? Did you wonder, like the Israelites, “How I ever conquer [this thing] which is so much more powerful than I am?” “How can I ever”...
  • “let go?”
  • “forgive?”
  • “get a life?”
  • “quit sinning?”
  • “win the lost?”
  • “get out of jail?”
  • “make it right?”
  • “make amends?”
  • “heal my heart?”
  • “pay these bills?”
  • “finish my tasks?”
  • “raise these kids?”
  • “fix what I broke?”
  • “beat this demon?”
  • “love my enemies?”
  • “fulfill my destiny?”
  • “get market share?”
  • “build my business?”
  • “face their hostility?”
  • “meet the demands?”
  • “change the culture?”
  • “overcome this pain?”
  • “get beyond the grief?”
  • “complete these chores?”
  • “influence my opposition?”
  • “convince the authorities?”
  • “deal with my competitors?”
  • “reconcile broken relationships?”
  • “break free from emotional bondage?”
These are valid questions and the list is endless. But God has an answer...

“Don’t be afraid! Just remember what the Lord your
God did to Pharaoh and to all the land of Egypt.”

At my next brick wall I will try to remember what Jesus did the last time I needed Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Father, heal my broken relationship.