Wednesday, February 22, 2023

"Put on..."

Numbers 6.24-27 NKJV

“‘The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace.’

“So they shall put My name on the children of Israel, and I will bless them.”

Most mornings, I get up early. Pulling myself from bed I put on my pajama bottoms, bulky t-shirt, and slippers. I make my way down the stairs in the dark to the living room and kneel at the couch. I pray. For a few minutes, I pray for my family, my ministry, my friends, my job, and sometimes for the people I plan to meet that day. Besides my pajamas, I try to put on some other things...

I put on my new self.

“…since you have taken off your old self with its
practices and have put on the new self, which is being
renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.”
Colossians 3.9-10 NIV

I put on the armor of God.

Put on the full armor of God so that you
can take your stand against the devil's schemes.”
Ephesians 6.11 NIV

I put on a heart of compassion.

“So, as those who have been chosen of God,
holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion,
kindness, humility, gentleness and patience…”
Colossians 3.12 NASU

I put on love.

“And over all these virtues put on love,
which binds them all together in perfect unity.”
Colossians 3.14 NIV

I put on Jesus.

“But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and
make no provision for the flesh in regard to its lusts.”
Romans 3.14 NASU

Some day soon I will put on immortality.

“So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this
mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the
saying that is written: ‘Death is swallowed up in victory. O Death,
where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?’”
1st Corinthians 15.54-55 NKJV

I put on the name of the Lord.

“So they shall put My name on the children
of Israel, and I will bless them.”
Numbers 6.27 NKJV

This morning I got up and put on my pajamas. Then I put on the things of God. What an amazing day it will be...

No comments: