Friday, December 23, 2022

"With Him or Not?"

Revelation 17.14 NKJV

“These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.”

It is a foolish man who chooses to side against the Lamb of God in the battles of life. The Lamb is Jesus Christ and in the end, He wins each argument, squelches all opposition, and conquers every enemy because He is “the Lord of lords and the King of kings.” I am either with Him or against Him. I am a Christ follower or a pagan. There is no gray area, middle ground, or fence to sit on top of.

“I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. So because you are
lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth.”
Jesus, Revelation 3.15-16 NASB

I want, no, I need and must have the fire of God burning in my soul. Jesus, deliver me from safe religion, politically correct theology, antiseptic beliefs, and low impact faith.
  • If I die (and die I must), let me go out swinging like a prize fight contender who refused to give up. I’d rather be knocked out of the ring than to observe the fight from the comfort of cheap seats.
  • If I attract trouble (and I will), may it be for doing something, not for doing nothing.
  • If I embarrass myself (as I have, and probably will again), let it be because I was a fool for Christ and not just a fool.
In Matthew 12.30, Jesus said…

“This is war, and there is no neutral
ground. If you’re not on my side, you’re
the enemy; if you’re not helping,
you’re making things worse.”
The Message

“Anyone who isn’t helping me is harming me.”
The Living Bible

“He who is not with Me is against Me;”
New American Standard Updated Bible

“El que no es conmigo, contra mi es”
Reina-Valera Revisada 1960

Whose side am I on? Am I in or out? Am I with Him or not?

_________________________________

The wonderful image entitled "Lion & The Lamb" from the gallery of The King's List, an on-line Christian magazine (http://thekingslist.org) and used by permission of the editor Ben Andrews.

No comments: