Thursday, October 06, 2022

"There's Nothing Like It"

2nd Timothy 3.15

“…from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.” NASU

“…you took in the sacred Scriptures with your mother’s milk! There’s nothing like the written Word of God for showing you the way to salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.” The Message

“There’s nothing like the written word of God.” How true! The Bible can “give you the wisdom that leads to salvation” and secure an eternity for you in heaven with Jesus. It’s a treasure. It’s pure gold. It’s the most precious thing in the universe. Nothing compares to Scripture. Absolutely nothing! It’s spiritual food for a starving man. It’s living water for a parched soul. I could not survive without the Bible.

“There’s nothing like the written word of God.”
The Message

Timothy was qualified to lead the church in Ephesus because he was weaned on the Jewish Bible. He “took in the sacred Scriptures with [his] mother’s milk!” The imagery is striking. Eunice nursed baby Timmy on mama’s milk and a fresh helping of God’s Word served up daily. The Hebrew Scriptures, comprised of the Law and the Prophets and the Writings, were Timothy’s steady diet from the time of his birth.

I was seventeen years old when I was introduced to the person and work of Jesus Christ. Within a few days of my divine encounter, I purchased my first Bible and hungered for its message ever since. I read the Bible cover to cover every year searching for morsels of living bread from its pages nearly every day. The “written word of God” changed my life, confirmed my relationship with Jesus, assured my salvation, and established my destiny. I owe EVERYTHING to the message contained in the pages of this wonderful book. For me, “there’s nothing like the written word of God.”

“Like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word,
so that you may grow in respect to salvation.”
1st Peter 2.2 NASU

____________________

"Thirsty?" is the title of the blog entry featuring this wonderfully detailed bottle with droplets of condensed water by photographer André Bergonzzi from Lisbon, Portugal. 

No comments: